Scroll 1 -- Introductory Practice -- Coin Flipping|
Suggested Practice for Coin Flipping - casual practice once per week for eight weeks, advanced practice three to five times per week for four to eight weeks
- Read A Five Minute History.
- Review The Trigrams, then and now and The Eight Aspects of the Creative Spirit.
- Review The Process up to the Advanced Practice section.
- Review The Coin and Stalk Methods. Using the Coin Method, the Basic Worksheet, Table of Ideas and the Chart of the Order, build your Hexagrams. Find your Hexagram on The Chart of the Sequence. Refer to the three Example Worksheets in The Process.
- Review The Three Stages of Change of Yang and Yin through Moving Lines. Using Yang Line Images and Qualities and Yin Line Characteristics and Results, build changing Hexagrams.
Goals of the Introductory Practice
- Familiarity with all eight Trigrams
- An Understanding of The Inside, The Inner Circle and The Outer Circle
- Being comfortable with Coin Flipping and the process of building a Hexagram
- A basic understanding of changing lines and resulting Hexagrams